POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : tree macro question : tree macro question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  tree macro question
From: Justin Smith
Date: 29 Jul 2005 12:30:01
Message: <web.42ea5964ab8cade7e32e54c40@news.povray.org>
I'm interested at some point in taking on writing a random tree macro.
Probably mesh-based. I would just like to know, from those who have written
them, where do you begin? What's the general theory for going about it? I
assume there is much recursion involved. If you begin with one triangle in
the mesh, how does the macro figure out where to place subsequent vertices
as it builds the tree? Basically, I want to know just how far over my head
just a task would be. ;-)